LIVESMART U.K. LIMITED ("we”/”us”/”our") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The policy set out in this Privacy Statement (together with our LiveSmart Website Terms & Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting getlivesmart.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is LIVESMART U.K. LIMITED (registered office address: 8 Pollen Street, London, W1S 1NG, UK ).
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Alex Heaton.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site at getlivesmart.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. If you order any service on our site you will be required to become a LiveSmart Member and as part of the login and registration process, you will be asked to agree to applicable LiveSmart Member Terms and to provide certain personal data to us. Use of that personal data will be made pursuant to such LiveSmart Member Terms (which supplement and take precendence over any of these terms and conditions to the extent of any conflict). Information you provide otherwise than when becoming a LiveSmart Member may include any information you provide when pursuing a promotion or survey, or when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, and personal description. By connecting your wearable to the LiveSmart platform, you agree to LiveSmart accessing your wearable data via the Human API. This data will not be shared with anyone and will only be used to enhance your LiveSmart experience by providing additional information for our clinical team to use when assessing your health.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
In order to provide you with the best possible experience whilst using our site, small amounts of information are placed on your device (e.g., computer, tablet or mobile phone) when using our site. These are small text files known as cookies.
Cookies can be placed into four categories:
- ‘Strictly necessary’ cookies: enables the site to provide services you have asked for such as remembering your shopping cart items. These are also essential to ensure performance of the site, for example, enabling you to log into secure areas of our Site.
- ‘Performance’ cookies: collects anonymous information on how people use the site and the data is merged with other users to enable us to improve how the site operates. For example, we utilise Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
- ‘Functionality’ cookies: remembers choices you make such as language, search parameters such as product line and quantity. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate with your selections and tailors your visits.
- ‘Targeting’ or ‘Advertising’ cookies: collects information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. They remember the websites you have visited and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers.
Most web browsers allow you to change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer or mobile device without your explicit consent. The “help” section of your browser will normally provide details on how to manage the cookie settings. Should you decide to switch off cookies, please note that it may restrict the use of our site and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
For more information about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Webpages and HTML emails may also contain a small snippet of code called a web beacon. In their simplest form, web beacons allow a website to transfer or collect information through a graphic image request. LiveSmart may use web beacons as part of the site, but only for fraud detection.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience].
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If LIVESMART U.K. LIMITED or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our LiveSmart Website Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of LIVESMART U.K. LIMITED, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
[All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or at our registered office address stated above.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.